The Board of Members has the right to decide the quantity, form, content and design of the company's seal, unless otherwise prescribed by the company’s charter.
Each company shall have a seal design with uniform content, form and size.
The company shall send notifications to the Business Registration Office of the district where such company is headquartered before using, changing design or quantity of the seal, or invalidating its seal.
Required documents for application:
1. One of the following notifications as the case may be:
- The notification of the company’s seal design (Appendix II-8 attached to Circular No.20/2015/TT-BKHDT) for enterprise establishment registration.
- The notification of change to the enterprise’s seal design/ quantity (Appendix II-9 attached to Circular No.20/2015/TT-BKHDT) for changing the enterprise’s seal design/ quantity.
- The notification of invalidation of the enterprise’s seal (Appendix II-10 attached to Circular No.20/2015/TT-BKHDT) for invalidating of the enterprise’s seal.
2. A company operating under an Investment License, Investment Certificate or an equivalent document shall add the following documents to the application:
- Valid copies of the Investment Certificate;
- Valid copies of the Certificate of Tax Registration;
- Request for update of business registration information (Appendix II-18 attached to Circular No.20/2015/TT-BKHDT)
3. Letter of authorization if the person who submits the application and receives the result is not the legal representative. This document needs not to be notarized or authenticated;
4. Valid copies of one of the following ID papers of those who are authorized to apply for registration (if any):
- As for Vietnamese citizens: Unexpired ID card or Vietnamese passport;
- As for foreigners: unexpired foreign passports or equivalent documents.
Receiving authority: the Business Registration Office - Department of Planning and Investment of the province where the company is headquartered.
In case of sending the seal’s design notification online, companies need not to submit a physical notification to the Business Registration Office.
Processing time: After receiving the valid application of the company, the Business Registration Office will send the receipt for the company and announce the registered seal in the National Business Registration Portal.
Notes: for companies established before July 01 2015
- In case the company wishes to have another seal or change the ink color while keeping the old seal, it shall notify these changes in accordance with regulations of business registration.
- In case of changing the design of the seal, the company shall return the seal to the police authority that granted the seal design registration certificate (For more details, please refer to "Procedures for returning the seal") and follow the procedures for seal change.
In this case, submission of the notification of seal invalidation is not required.
- In case of losing the seal or the seal design registration, the company is allowed to design a new seal and shall submit the notification of seal design. The company shall notify the loss of seals and/or seal design registration certificate to the public authority that granted the seal design registration certificate.