A single-member limited liability company must notify the time and duration of its branch’s business suspension no later than 15 days before the date of such suspension.
The suspension period shall be no longer than one year. After the end of the notified period, if the branch continues to suspend its business, the company must make another notice. Total duration of consecutive business suspensions shall be no longer than two years.
During business suspension, the company must fulfill all remaining tax liabilities, continue to pay debts, fulfill concluded contracts with customers and workers; except cases where the company and its creditors, customers and workers have other agreements.
Required documents for application:
1. Notice of business suspension of branch (the form in Appendix II-21 attached to the Circular No. 02/2019/TT-BKHDT);
2. Request for update of branch operation registration information (the form in Appendix II-19 attached to the Circular No. 02/2019/TT-BKHDT) for companies operating under an investment license, investment certificate or other documents with equivalent legal value that have yet to update their enterprise registration information. After receiving this request, business registration authorities shall update contents of business registration in the investment license, investment certificate or other documents with equivalent legal value (declare enterprise information as specified in the request for update of enterprise registration information attached to the Circular No. 02/2019/TT-BKHDT);
3. Authorization letter if the person submitting the application and receiving the result is not the legal representative;
4. Valid copy of one of the identity documents of the person authorized to carry out the procedures (if any):
- For Vietnamese citizens: Unexpired Vietnamese ID card or Vietnamese passport.
- For foreigners: Unexpired foreign passport or an unexpired passport substitute.
Receiving authority: Business Registration Office - Department of Planning and Investment of the province where the branch is located.
Processing duration: Within 03 (three) business days, starting from the date of receipt of the complete and valid application.