When an enterprise receives capital contribution by an inland waterway vehicle, two parties shall make the capital contribution contract, self-determine or hire a professional valuation organization to determine the value of the contributed asset and such capital contribution must be proved by documentary evidences - For more details, please refer to "Valuation of contributed asset" and "Documents about contributed asset”.
The party contributing capital by the inland waterway vehicle must provide necessary documents to the enterprise for carrying out procedures for ownership transfer.
The capital contribution by inland waterway vehicles shall be exempted from registration fee. However, before carrying out procedures for transfer of ownership, the enterprise shall carry out procedures for declaration of registration fee – For more details, please refer to “Declaration of registration fee upon transfer of ownership or right to use assets contributed as capital”.
Then, the enterprise is required to re-register the received inland waterway vehicle as follows
1. Application form for re-registration of inland waterway vehicle (Form No. 7 provided in Appendix I attached to the Circular No. 75/2014/TT-BGTVT);
2. 02 (two) 10x15 cm photos of the entire right side of the vehicle at floating status;
3. In case of re-registration of the vehicle due to ownership transfer without change of the registration agency: The issued certificate of inland waterway vehicle shall be submitted;
In case of re-registration of the vehicle due to ownership transfer with change of the registration agency: Original vehicle registration dossier with unbroken seal shall be submitted;
4. Registration fee declaration form (Form No. 02 attached to Decree No. 20/2019/ND-CP), which bears the tax authority’s certification.
5. Originals of the following documents:
- Capital contribution contract;
- The valid certificate of fulfillment of technical safety and environmental protection requirements if the vehicle is subject to compulsory registration.
- If the vehicle owner that applies for re-registration of the vehicle is a foreign organization or citizen, documentary evidences that it is permitted to operate and establish an office in Vietnam or that he/she is permitted to reside in Vietnam shall be submitted;
6. Authorization letter if the person following required procedures is not the enterprise’s legal representative.
1. Vietnam Inland Waterway Administration and its regional branches shall consider processing applications for re-registration of inland waterway vehicles of VR-SB class.
2. Each Department of Transport of province or central-affiliated city where the capital-receiving enterprise’s headquarters is located shall consider processing applications for re-registration of:
- An inland waterway vehicle of VR-SB class;
- A non-motorized inland waterway vehicle of more than 15 GT;
- A motorized inland waterway vehicle with total engine power of over 15 HP;
- An inland waterway vehicle capable of carrying more than 12 persons.
3. Urban management department or Economic and infrastructure department of rural or urban district where the capital-receiving enterprise’s headquarters is located shall consider processing application for re-registration of:
- A motorized inland waterway vehicle with total engine power ranging from 05 HP to 15 HP;
- An inland waterway vehicle capable of carrying from 05 persons to 12 persons.
4. People’s Committee of commune, ward or commune-level town where the capital-receiving enterprise’s headquarters is located shall consider processing application for re-registration of:
- A non-motorized inland waterway vehicle of 01 to 15 GT;
- An inland waterway vehicle capable of carrying from 05 persons to 12 persons;
- A motorized inland waterway vehicle with total engine power of less than 05 HP or capable of carrying less than 05 persons.
Method of submission:
- By post;
- Or by any other appropriate form.
Processing duration: 03 business days from the day on which a competent authority receives sufficient and valid documents.
Note: If an application is invalid, the enterprise shall be given instructions to complete it immediately (in case an application is submitted directly) or within 02 business days (in case an application is submitted by post).